Computing plays a bigger role in the lives of young people today than ever before. Yet, there is a widespread lack of knowledge of what constitutes the core of computing: is it just the use of word processors and spreadsheets or are there more fundamental principles that underlie this science. Can we show young people how a computational model can be used to solve a variety of problems, from basic problems in mathematics to answering questions in biology? CSpathshala is an Association for Computing Machinery India (ACM India) initiative to bring a modern computing curriculum to Indian schools.
To prepare our students to participate creatively in the digital age, industry leaders and top academicians in the country are working together to bring a computational thinking curriculum for primary and secondary schools along with teaching aids.
- Computational Thinking curriculum
- Teaching aids: 200 lessons, provided at no cost to schools
- Subset of teaching aids translated into Gujarati, Hindi & Marathi
- Schools in Andhra Pradesh, Chandigarh, Delhi, Goa, Gujarat, Karnataka, Kerala, Maharashtra, Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, West Bengal implementing curriculum
- 1450 heads and teachers from 700+ institutions participated in 13 Computational Thinking awareness workshops
- 900+ teachers from 290+ schools trained on Computational Thinking through 30 training programs. Training is provided at no cost to schools.
- Volunteers: 250+ from 4 continents!
What Teachers are Saying
Thank you so much for such a great initiative taken by cspathshala to implement the very basics of computer science by the well structured curriculum and the support.The workshop gave a deep insight of what is computing.looking forward to implement the curriculum in my school.
Thanks for all your support. Kids are enjoying the classes
We would rather thank you and ur team for developing such wonderful content. It totally changes the paradigm of teaching computer science in school. I am very impressed and looking forward to use it in my class and contribute in your forum. (17 June, 2017)
One more very informative workshop (9 June 2017) by cspathshala team. thank you. With every workshop our inspiration doubles.
This session was one of the best sessions cause kids came out with very good examples of algorithm in day to day life. Could do with some more examples to explain to students
Thanks for the very enriching workshop (17 June, 2017) and the great initiative taken by cspathshala to structure the curriculum of computer science for schools in such an articulate manner.
Structured. Uniform. Implementable program.
Subscribe to latest updates: